Drag this icon into taskbar to pin this page.
Drag this icon into taskbar to pin this page.
Close
Close
Close
Close

LOVE VS LOCAL DRAMAS

18 messages -  7 authors -  last post on Sunday, July 4, 2010 7:15 AM  by tomNjerry
|<   < Previous   of 2   Next >   >|
on Saturday, July 3, 2010 11:47 AM
Recently, there has been lots of quarrels and controversies on who should take on the 7pm slot. LOVE? HK DRAMAS? KOREANS DRAMAS? OR LOCAL DRAMAS?

So, for the majority, Channel 8's decision to extend the broadcast of LOVE each week to daily is a right choice. But for the minority, there are 10000001 reasons (ridiculous) why LOVE shouldn't hog the primetime slot. A forumer even gave the idea of extending YHIM to 200 episodes! 

So, give your reasons why LOVE WINS LOCAL PRODUCTIONS! ESPECIALLY YHIM!!!!

I'll start first. 
1. The dialogue seen in love is MORE PROFOUND! Not the usual rude and uncreative local style seen in various dramas.
2. Everything local dramas have, love has! Gambling, Scamming, Adopted kids, the blind, Baddies, Hate, Foul, Rivalry, Compassion, Kinship, Friendship and Love. 
3. Good acting! Almost no one complains about the acting of the actors. 
4. Catchy theme song. Who does not know love's theme song 我问天? Anyone knows the name of 游戏人生 theme song? Or can sing out the chorus?
5. Climaxes! How many climaxes are there each episode? At least 1. How many climaxes are there in average local productions? 1, or 2... sometimes 3.(except for Little Nyonya, but can ch8 produce every drama like little nyonya?)

What do you think?
on Saturday, July 3, 2010 8:43 PM
I still think Love is boring I mean why condense all the climax in one show? If people can't get over Love then where can have new shows. I rather watch local dramas. Seriously. 
on Saturday, July 3, 2010 10:18 PM
Message has been deleted
on Saturday, July 3, 2010 10:22 PM
I preferred watching Love ever since I watched Yi Nan wang as compared to local drama. I believe when time passed, people would get bored of watching Love because of the huge number of episodes just like when I watch Yi Nan Wang, I stop watching when Tian Zu become an adult and Wang Sheng Tian become middle-aged. But compared to it, I like Love, Yi Nan wang as Northern pointed out:

The dialogue seen in love is MORE PROFOUND! Not the usual rude and uncreative local style seen in various dramas.
That is what I like about that drama, the Hokkien Song, My favorite Smile and the girls are prettier there Open-mouthed de xin FTW!
on Saturday, July 3, 2010 11:30 PM
I mean its like the artistes in drama from overseas are a total stanger to me. Unlike local dramas where the local taste is present, Love has a so unrealistic and so not local storyline. The show is probably more appropriate for aunties and uncles(not like me).
on Saturday, July 3, 2010 11:59 PM
I preferrred HK dramas actually.
on Sunday, July 4, 2010 12:06 AM
I think YHIM is good enough and can end where its supposed too but for Precious Babes, it should be extended. The tv crew and artistes work for another 2 months will die meh?
on Sunday, July 4, 2010 12:10 AM
Cut cost mah. thats why most local dramas are limited to 20 episodes, except for blockbusters. Also they can't be bothered to produce variety shows for Channel U already, keep on dumping taiwanese variety shows on Channel U.

on Sunday, July 4, 2010 12:11 AM
They cut what cost, i thought they very rich one.
on Sunday, July 4, 2010 1:25 AM
Message has been deleted
|<   < Previous   of 2   Next >   >|
To add a post, pleasesign in
Learn More
Close
Close
  • Drag MSN icon to Windows taskbar

Pin the Entertainment channel for quick access.

It's easy! Drag the MSN butterfly from:

• The Pinning Bar
  • The web address box
  • Or, a browser tab

to the Windows taskbar at the bottom of your screen

• Open your favourite sites quickly.

Advantages of pinning

Pinned pages quickly deliver the content you want most

• Open your favourite MSN pages from the Windows taskbar without opening your browser first.
  • Use JumpList to go directly to key sections of MSN and get real-time notification of updates.
  • Pin as MSN section homepages - like Cars, Entertainment and Money - as you want.