Bryan Singer moves to dismiss sexual abuse lawsuit
Director Bryan Singer has asked a court to dismiss a sexual abuse lawsuit filed against him by an unnamed British actor, who claims he was abused by Singer at the age of 17.
Bryan Singer has asked for a sexual abuse lawsuit against him to be dismissed.
The 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' director's attorneys filed a motion in Los Angeles federal court on Thursday (03.07.14) to drop allegations by an anonymous British actor - identified only as John Doe No. 117 - who claims Bryan abused him as a teenager.
Singer's lawyer Marty Singer insists there is no legal basis for the lawsuit and says it was filed improperly. The filmmaker is also seeking $300,000 from the plaintiff to cover the costs of his legal fees, which are said to be ''exorbitant''.
The unidentified British actor's lawyer Jeffrey Herman filed a lawsuit in May against both Singer, 48, and entertainment industry executive Gary Goddard, who filed a similar motion to dismiss in June.
The actor accuses the producers of abusing him in a London hotel when he was 17 years old.
The legal case is the second to hit the Hollywood director after budding actor Michael F. Egan filed a similar lawsuit against him earlier this year.
Egan, 31, alleged he was forced to perform sex acts on the filmmaker at a Californian house party in the late 1990s after being plied with drugs and alcohol.
Singer strenuously denied any wrongdoing and believes the allegations are a concerted effort to derail the box office gross of his recently released 'X-Men' blockbuster.
He previously said: ''The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false.''
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
asia celebrity buzz
Lana Del Rey admits she's slept with a lot of men in the industry, but says it's "annoying" it didn't help her score a record deal.
Date 10 mins ago, Duration 1:05, Views 0