Updated: Friday, 20 June 2014 01:00 | By Bang

Harrison Ford ready to ignore doctors for Star Wars

Harrison Ford is planning to return to the set of 'Star Wars: Episode VII' despite receiving medical advice to rest his broken ankle for six to eight weeks.


Harrison Ford is planning to return to the set of 'Star Wars: Episode VII' despite receiving medical advice to rest his broken ankle for six to eight weeks.

Harrison Ford is planning to return to the set of 'Star Wars: Episode VII' despite receiving medical advice to rest his broken ankle for six to eight weeks.

Harrison Ford is ready to ignore medical advice and return to the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' set.

The 71-year-old actor - who has reprised his role as Hans Solo in the new instalment of the sci-fi franchise - was rushed to hospital last week after he was crushed by a hydraulic door on set.

The incident - which happened at Pinewood studios in Berkshire last Friday (12.06.14) - left Harrison with a broken ankle and the incident has caused major disruptions to the filming schedule on the blockbuster.

However, the 'Indiana Jones' star is reportedly ready to ignore doctor's orders telling him to rest for six to eight weeks and he is going to return to filming.

A source told the Daily Express newspaper: ''Clearly he won't be able to do any physically demanding scenes and even walking will be a problem. But there are certain scenes that can be worked around Harrison's injury.''

The accident has already caused the film's tight schedule to be reworked, although a spokesperson for Disney says director J.J Abrams and his team are ''confident'' that shooting will remain on track, with a December 2015 release date planned.

The spokesperson said: ''The initial day or two it was hard to move things around but now we can juggle things. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule.''

Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn

entertainment videos