Updated: Saturday, 16 August 2014 07:00 | By Bang

Police gather new information in Sir Cliff Richard case

Police say ''a number of people'' have come forward with new information about Sir Cliff Richard after they searched his house as part of a new investigation after he was accused of sexually assaulting a young boy at a religious event in 1985.


Police say ''a number of people'' have come forward with new information about Sir Cliff Richard after they searched his house as part of a new investigation after he was accused of sexually assaulting a young boy at a religious event in 1985.

Police say ''a number of people'' have come forward with new information about Sir Cliff Richard after they searched his house as part of a new investigation after he was accused of sexually assaulting a young boy at a religious event in 1985.

Police say ''a number of people'' have come forward with new information about Sir Cliff Richard.

Officers searched the 73-year-old star's penthouse in Sunningdale, Berkshire, South East England for five hours yesterday (14.08.14), as part of a new investigation after he was accused of sexually assaulting a young boy at an event in 1985.

And a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Police said: ''Since the search took place a number of people have contacted the police to provide information and we must acknowledge that the media played a part in that, for which we are grateful.''

The 'Summer Holiday' hitmaker previously admitted he had been aware of the allegations against him for ''many months.''

In a statement, he said: ''For many months I have been aware of allegations against me of historic impropriety which have been circulating online.

''The allegations are completely false. Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen.

''However, the police attended my apartment in Berkshire today without notice, except it would appear to the press.''

The singer - who is currently believed to be residing at his home in Portugal - added: ''I am not presently in the UK but it goes without saying that I will cooperate fully should the police wish speak to me.

''Beyond stating that today's allegation is completely false it would not be appropriate to say anything further until the police investigation has concluded.''

A source close to the singer told Channel Five News that he is now ''on his way back to the London'' to fight the allegations.

Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn

entertainment videos