Sarah Michelle Gellar boycotting Vogue
Sarah Michelle Gellar has urged her fans to boycott US Vogue, as she disapproves of fashion editor Anna Wintour's decision to put Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on the cover of magazine's April issue.
Sarah Michelle Gellar has urged her fans to boycott US Vogue.
The former 'Buffy' star announced she is cancelling her own subscription, hinting she disapproves of fashion editor Anna Wintour's decision to put reality TV star Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on the cover of magazine's April issue.
The 36-year-old actress wrote on Twitter: ''Well......I guess I'm cancelling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???''
Many of the blonde beauty's followers agreed with her, but Kim's best friend Jonathan Cheban was unimpressed by her comment.
He retweeted the message, adding: ''Do u matter? (sic)''
Kim and her rapper fiancé's front cover caused shockwaves when it was unveiled on Friday (21.03.14), as Anna was previously said to have declared the 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' star, 33, would only appear in the magazine ''over her dead body.''
And it appears the fashion icon predicted a backlash, as she defended her decision to feature the couple in her monthly editor's letter, insisting Kanye, 36, didn't have to ''beg'' her for the opportunity.
Meanwhile, sources told E! News that 21-year-old model Kate Upton, who first appeared on the front of the magazine last year, was dropped as the April cover star in favour of Kim.
But Hildy Kuryk, Communications Director at Vogue, insisted: ''We are all huge supporters of Kate here at Vogue and have been thrilled to feature her numerous times in the past year, both on the cover and inside the magazine. There was never a cover commitment made to Kate, and we look forward to working with her in the future.''
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
asia celebrity buzz
Sophia Bush is addressing her fans, as well as an abusive Twitter imposter that she says has been violently harassing her, and her fans, for "months."
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:05, Views 0