Updated: Sunday, 27 July 2014 01:00 | By Bang

Sexual abuse lawsuit against Bryan Singer dropped

A sexual abuse lawsuit against 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' director Bryan Singer has been dropped.


A sexual abuse lawsuit against 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' director Bryan Singer has been dropped.

A sexual abuse lawsuit against 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' director Bryan Singer has been dropped.

A sexual abuse lawsuit against Bryan Singer has been dropped.

The 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' director was accused by an anonymous British actor - identified only as John Doe No. 117 - of abusing him as a teenager but while Gary Goddard, a Broadway producer, remains a defendant, Bryan is no longer involved.

According to the New York Daily News, a voluntary dismissal was filed on Friday (25.07.14) in Los Angeles.

Singer's lawyer Marty Singer previously insisted there is no legal basis for the lawsuit and said it was filed improperly. The filmmaker was also seeking $300,000 from the plaintiff to cover the costs of his legal fees, which are said to be ''exorbitant''.

The unidentified British actor's lawyer Jeffrey Herman filed a lawsuit in May against both Singer, 48, and entertainment industry executive Gary, who filed a similar motion to dismiss in June.

The actor accused the producers of abusing him in a London hotel when he was 17 years old.

The legal case is the second to hit the Hollywood director after budding actor Michael F. Egan filed a similar lawsuit against him earlier this year.

Egan, 31, alleged he was forced to perform sex acts on the filmmaker at a Californian house party in the late 1990s after being plied with drugs and alcohol.

Singer strenuously denied any wrongdoing and believes the allegations are a concerted effort to derail the box office gross of his recently released 'X-Men' blockbuster.

He previously said: ''The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false.''

Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn

entertainment videos