Sir Bob Geldof's 'intolerable' pain after Peaches' death
Sir Bob Geldof has spoken out for the first time since his daughter Peaches' death in April about the unimaginable pain he suffers every day because of her passing.
Sir Bob Geldof has spoken out about his ''intolerable'' pain following his daughter's death three months ago.
The 62-year-old singer-songwriter is still coming to terms with the death of Peaches, who passed away in April aged 25, and admits he ''buckles'' at the thought of her.
Speaking in his first interview since her death, he said on ITV's 'Lorraine' this morning (04.07.14): ''Well, there's not many options... it's intolerable... it's very hard as everybody must realise, especially if it happened to them too, and then what else do you do, you get on with it.
''I go into organisation mode and that distracts me. But, like anybody else, these things assault you without warning. You could be talking to someone, you could be walking down the road, and suddenly out of the blue there's an awareness of her. And you know - I buckle.''
Sir Bob also believes it's a good thing Peaches' sons Phaedra, two, and Astala, 14 months are so young because they won't remember their mother's death.
He explained: ''My Mum died when I was six or seven. I have no memory of her. I am shown photos I really have no interest in that much because I have no memory of her. They are so small, the little chaps, that I'm not sure they'll have this craving to remember their Mum, and I think that is healthy.''
Peaches was found dead by her husband Thomas Cohen at their home in Wrotham, Kent, and an inquest heard in May that heroin was ''likely'' to have played a role in the blonde beauty's death.
Latest Photo Galleries on xinmsn
asia celebrity buzz
An inquest into the death of Peaches Geldof has confirmed that the 25 year-old did die from a drug overdose. Toxicology tests on the former TV presente... More An inquest into the death of Peaches Geldof has confirmed that the 25 year-old did die from a drug overdose. Toxicology tests on the former TV presenter revealed that Peaches had codeine, morphine and methadone in her blood.
Date 38 mins ago, Duration 0:56, Views 0