Police have summoned Park Si Hoo again for questioning on March 1, but Park Si Hoo has demanded the opinion of a higher authority on whether the police can force a summons on the accused.
On February 25, Park Si Hoo's law firm Purme said through a press release, "The Seobu Police Agency has been forcing a summons without any legal basis to back it up, of which we feel is most unfortunate. We strongly demand a decision from a higher authority that can make lawful judgments on case transferrals."
Earlier that day, the Seobu Police Agency had told enews, "We notified Park Si Hoo that he is to appear at the police agency at 10 a.m. on March 1, and that the case is not to be transferred [to another police agency]. If he fails to answer the summons, we will consider applying for an arrest warrant."
Park Si Hoo was originally to be questioned at the Seobu Police Agency on February 24, but he did not appear after replacing his attorney and requesting the case be transferred to the Gangnam Police Agency.
Prume had also lashed out at the Seobu Police Agency, saying Park Si Hoo has come to harm due to information leaks on the part of the police agency to the press. The Seobu Police Agency has said there is no such problem in the investigation.
Park Si Hoo is under suspicion of raping an aspiring celebrity on February 15.
Photo credit: Hea Jung Min