A Slice Of Life CDs (Vol 4,5,6) & Books (Vol 1 & 2)
A Slice Of Life CDs and Book
A Slice Of Life Book Volume One
The best of Eugene Loh's "A Slice of Life" articles has been put together in a book which is now on sale. Topics include Contentment, Success, Happiness, Relationships, Worry, Self-Esteem, Self-Actualisation, Change and more
“A Slice of Life never fails to open my eyes to the many splendoured things of life even in trials and tribulations. It is inspirational, thought provoking and above all else warms my heart and helps me cherish life and all it has to offer.” - Ms Amy Khor, Mayor of South West CDC
“Too often do people get caught up with daily life only to lose sight of what is really important. I congratulate A Slice of Life for capturing the emotions and experiences that define our humanity, and thus reminds us of what truly matters.” - Mr Zainudin Nordin, Mayor of Central Singapore CDC
“A Slice of Life is now very much a part of my life. I always look forward to listening to it on radio. I continue to be amazed at the depth of meaning of some of the quotable quotes, anecdotes and stories carried.” - Mr Zainul Abidin Rasheed, Mayor of North East CDC
A Slice Of Life Book Volume Two
Following the popularity of the first book, 938LIVE is proud to present Volume 2 of the “A Slice of Life” paperback series.
Featuring 50 of the most recent and popular scripts from the radio programme, topics include developing confidence, achieving your full potential, managing relationships, dealing with anger & conflict, and how to gain more happiness and serenity in your life.
"I have been following A Slice of Life for years now and all I can say is "Thank God". I know for a fact that many, many Singaporeans follow it too because amidst the rush and the stress, the inner agony and the outer reality, this unique and wonderful programme offers a real respite from the maddening rush and allows for a calm, reflective look at the way/s we live. A Slice of Life also helps us to keep a cool head in the knowledge that we are not alone; that "our" problems, our challenges, our issues can be treated in blessedly different and meaningful ways."
- Prof Kirpal Singh, Director of The Wee Kim Wee Centre at Singapore Management University & Author of "Thinking Hats & Coloured Turbans"
“Like reading a great novel, this series of books (culled from selected radio broadcast scripts) has the rare ability of captivating the reader. Once you start reading it, you are unlikely to stop until you have finished a book. It must be a human need to want to compare our experiences of life with others; this need must explain why we all need to socialize, talk and learn from one another. This collection of essays also contributes to this unique human experience. Just as we can discuss the same issues with our friends over and over again, this book series of A Slice of Life can be read, with equal relish, over and over again.”
- Tan Kee Wee, Independent Economist
"We gain experience just by going through events in life. But we gain wisdom for living by reflecting on our experiences. A Slice of Life is a good collection of accessible wisdom that resonates for the man in the street who too often has no time for reflection."
- Edwin Choy, Co-founder and Director, Centre for Fathering
A Slice Of Life CDs
Listen to "A Slice of Life" at your own time! 6 CDs of spoken-word/music tracks are available, featuring newly-recorded scripts from the self-improvement radio programme
“Life's Greatest Gifts” is the latest ‘A Slice of Life’ CD to be released by 938LIVE. It’s a worthwhile Christmas gift filled with a treasure trove of stories with valuable nuggets of wisdom.
Presented by Eugene Loh, each of the 20 dramatised short stories highlight a gift life has given to each of us, gifts which we might have forgotten to be grateful for, to harness or to enjoy: like diversity, imagination, kindness, honesty, patience, hard work, living simply, the power of positive words, and of course, giving – the gift that keeps giving!.
Some of the stories include: The Fern and the Bamboo, One Glass of Milk, The Elephant and the Fly, The inquisitive Goldfish and The Rainbow.
May you find one or more gems here that will touch your heart, make you think or put a smile on your face as you once again appreciate the gifts life has bestowed on each of us.
A Slice of Life Vol. 1 - UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
* The Weight of Your Resentments* Heartbreak* A Trip to Heaven and Hell* True Courage in Love* Flowers for Mom* Losing More Than You Thought* Beauty Tips from Audrey Hepburn* Keeping Up with the Joneses* Love Stories* The Shepherd* Under One Roof* The Whole World Stinks!* Paradise Round?* Love Your Enemies* Ragdoll* The Power of Warmth* The Waste of Worry* The School of Life* Eulogy (Death of a Friend)* The Parable of the Rose
A Slice of Life Vol. 2 - UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
* A Personal Commitment to Be Happy* How Good Our Lives Are* The Joy of Digging* The Truth About Lasting Relationships* Condemning Yourself for Past Mistakes* The Gift of Forgiveness* A Different Perspective* Avoid Conflict* Be a Lake* Stuck in the Vase* The World is Very Flat* A State of Mind* The Cookie Metaphor* Despair* Jumping to Conclusions* Change in a Relationship* Shake It Off!* Your True Self* Strangeness* The Quest
A Slice of Life Vol. 3- UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
* Appreciation* Running Out of Time* Good or Bad?* The Plague of Haste* The Moment of Realisation* The Farmer's Watch* Exorcising Envy* Don't Let Anger Get the Better of You* The Old Man and His Shoe* Tap into Yourself!* Stress Management* The House with the Golden Windows* Getting Rid of Disappointment* What Are We Really Seeking?* Forget the Injustices* A Thousand Marbles* Enriching Your Marriage* Whatever May Come, Whatever May Go* Optimal Thinking* Passion and Purpose
A Slice of Life - Power of Stories
* The 99 Club* Frog Race* A Friend's Evil Counsel* Cookies* The Cracked Pot* The Cost of Money* The Caterpillar's Voice* True Wealth* Genghis Khan and His Hawk* The Mouse Trap* This is Good!* The Magical Mustard Seed* King Arthur and the Witch* The Carrot, the Egg and the Coffee Bean* The Emperor and the Horseman* The Pear Tree* Triple Filter Test* Baking* The Wooden Bowl* Birth and Death
A Slice of Life - Letters from Grandma and Grandpa
* Dr N Krishnamurthy* Grandma's Aprons* Maureen Lee* The Healing Poison* Madam Saroja* Old Parents* Mr Ho Meng Jang* The Boy and the Apple Tree* Madam Tai Lung Keow* Kindness Begins At Home* Mr Loh Hoon Sun* What Are Grandmothers?* Mrs Kamalaveny Krishna* Grandpa Malcolm & Grandma Kaye* Madam Goh Foong Meng* Do Your Grandchildren Really Know You?* S-H-M-I-L-Y* The Pickle Jarr
A Slice of Life - Life's Greatest Gifts
* Rain or Shine - The Gift of Optimism* The Carrot Seed - The Gift of Faith* The Inquisitive Goldfish - The Gift of Curiosity* The Rainbow - The Gift of Diversity* The Monkey and the Mangosteens - The Gift of Simplicity* The Window - The Gift of Imagination* One Glass of Milk - The Gift of Kindness* The Elephant and the Fly - The Gift of Focus* The Tiger’s Whisker - The Gift of Love* The Seed - The Gift of Honesty* The Alchemist - The Gift of Hard Work* A Marine’s Vigil - The Gift of Kindness* The Fern and the Bamboo - The Gift of Unique Purpose* Enjoy the Coffee - The Gift of Simplicity* Releasing Cows - The Gift of Detachment* Two Pebbles - The Gift of Quick Wit* The Four Dolls - The Gift of Wisdom* The Weight of the Glass - The Gift of Rest* The Healer - The Gift of Healing Words* The Given Light - The Gift of Giving
Payment by Cash
At Caldecott Broadcast Centre, MediaCorp reception.
Call 6359 7314 at least 2 days in advance to place and collect your order.
Payment by Cheque made payable to "MediaCorp Pte Ltd"
On a separate note, indicate your name, contact no., mailing address and number of CDs (and books) required.
Send the cheque to
938LIVE Caldecott Broadcast Centre Andrew Road Singapore 299939
Delivery by registered post
Cost of local postage: 1 CD/Book : $3
Surcharge of 50 cents for every additional CD/Book