In football action, 

Chelsea are through to this Sunday's FIFA Club World Cup Final in Yokohoma. 

And that's after beating Monterrey 3-1 in last night's semi-final encounter. 

Juan Mata put the Blues in front against the Mexican side with a long range strike in the 17th minute. 

A minute after the break, Fernando Torres extended the lead for the reigning European champions. 

And just 2 minutes later, an own goal by a Monterrey defender allowed Chelsea to take a 3-goal lead. 

Following the defeat, the CONCACAF champions will face Al Ahly on Sunday in the battle for 3rd place. 

And Chelsea will meet the South American champions, Corinthians in the grand final. 

Onto regional football action, 

It's Singapore vs Thailand in the grand final of the 2012 Suzuki Cup. 

Last night at the Supachalasai Stadium, Thailand beat Malaysia 2-nil in the 2nd leg semi-final clash in Bangkok. 

2 minutes before halftime, the visitors were reduced to 10 men when a Malaysian defender was controversially sent off, after receiving his 2nd yellow card. 

Then on the hour mark, Teerasil Dangda broke the deadlock to put the Thais 1-0 up. 

That was his 5th goal in this campaign as the Muangthong United striker is the current top scorer of the tournament. 

Meanwhile 4 minutes later, the home team wrapped up the win with their 2nd goal. 

The loss allowed the defending Cup champions Malaysia to be knocked out from the tournament 3-1 on aggregate. 

So Singapore will host the 1st leg of the Final next Wednesday and the return affair in Bangkok will take place next Saturday. 

Both countries are looking to win an unprecedented 4th AFF Championship title. 

In English football news, 

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry has been suspended for 1 match and fined US$13,000 dollars. 

That's after admitting to a misconduct charge by England's Football Association. 

The charge relates to an incident which occurred after City were beaten 3-2 at home by Manchester United last weekend. 

Barry was punished for using abusive language against a match official. 

And the 1-match ban for the 31-year old means, he'll miss tomorrow's clash against Newcastle United at St James Park.