Week 10: Char siew
Week 10: Episode 10
BBQ pork or Char Siew is a famous Chinese dish that many deem complicated to make. Discover the secret hawker techniques from Chef/Hawker Kingsley who sells it at his Balestier stall and learn the easy way to prepare it with Wok stars contestant KS.
750gr pork collar, cut into strips
15gm soya sauce
A small pinch of edible red coloring
- Marinate pork collar with all ingredients for at least 4hrs or best overnight.
- Skewer the meat and heat up combi oven to 180’C with 65% humidity.
- Once oven has heated up, place meat into combi oven and roast for 10mins.
- Increase oven temp to 220’C after 10mins of roasting and continue roasting for another 4min.
- Increase oven temperature to 250’C for 4mins to caramelise the meat.