WIN tickets to Jay Park Live in Singapore 2013
Former leader of K-Pop boyband 2PM, Jay Park, made a name for himself as a solo artiste after he left the group. Having previously performed in small-scale showcases and combined concerts here, the member of Seattle-based b-boy crew AOM (Art of Movement), will be playing his first ever solo gig in Singapore, at The Star Theatre on January 18.
While Jay rose to fame from his 2PM days, he left the group in early 2010 and returned home to Seattle after his comments on Korea, which were made when he was a teenager, resulted in major backlash from the media and public alike.
In March 2010, he uploaded a cover video of B.o.Bʼs "Nothinʼ on You", with his own rap and lyrics, on his YouTube Channel which recorded more than 1.5 million views within 24 hours. Jay returned to Seoul a few months later where he contracted with one of the largest agencies in South Korea, SidusHQ, in July 2010, and re-debuted as a solo singer and actor.
His popularity skyrocketed after his fresh start, and his first mini album Take a Deeper Look, released in April 2011, won him the Record of The Year grand prize at the prestigious Golden Disk Awards that year.
Besides being the only solo artiste to achieve that feat, he was also the first singer to be crowned winner on a debut stage by winning on popular music show KBS Music Bank, with the song "Abandoned". Later in 2011, Jay followed up with several singles and co-starred in Korean movie, Mr. Idol, and joined Immortal Song 2, a program which features the top singers in Korea.
In February 2012, his first full-length album New Breed was released and it quickly became a chart-topper in South Korea and internationally, achieving multi-platinum status in less than a week. Following the success of the album, Jay completed his first solo concert in Seoul with much fanfare, and embarked on tours around Asia and Australia.
With the VIP box seats tickets completely sold out, Jaywalkers (official fan club) will be expecting the 25-year-old to show off his multiple talents in singing, rapping and dancing, on top of his head-turning physique, during his one-night only performance here in Singapore.
Other than the concert, fans will also have the opportunity to get up-close and personal with Jay at the Meet-and-Greet session which will be held on January 17, at The Butter Factory. All ticket holders are entitled to attend the event and entry is subjected to club capacity.
Tickets to Jay Park Live in Singapore 2013 are now available at TicketBooth.
Jay Park Live in Singapore 2013 is organised by AGENDA (Events) Pte Ltd.
Jay Park Meet-and-Greet Session
Venue: The Butter Factory (at One Fullerton)
Date: 17 January 2013 (Thursday)
Time: 8pm (Doors open)
*No individual autograph or photo opportunity
Jay Park Live in Singapore 2013
Date: January 18, 2012 (Friday)
Venue: The Star Theatre, The Star Performing Arts Centre
Tickets: $168 and $98 (excluding $2 ticketing fee)
xinmsn is giving away 5 pairs of concert tickets (each pair worth S$196), courtesy of AGENDA (Events). Answer the following questions and 5 lucky winners will be picked to win!
1) List down 3 tracks from Jay Park's "New Breed" album.
2) What award did Jay Park win at the 2011 Golden Disk Awards?
To win, simply email your answer, together with your name, NRIC, (valid) residential address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title 'Jay Park Live in Singapore 2013 contest'.
Contest ends Jan 9 and winners will be notified via email. *Terms and conditions apply.
* Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to Singapore residents only.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- xinmsn reserves the right to pick final winners. No correspondence will be entertained.
- Entry submission forms that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- Previous week's winners will not be qualified to win.
- You can submit unlimited entries, but each family is entitled to win only once. Same contact address will be considered as the same family.
- Any proof-of-entry printouts cannot be used as proof that xinmsn has received your submission.
- Xinmsn reserves the rights to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed via email/phone call from which details of prize collection will be stated.
- Prize not collected by the given date will be considered null and void.
- Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- By entering the contest, you agree to be informed of any future promotion related to xinmsn.